“The only way to do great work is to love what you do”
– Steve Jobs
North Pier Brewing Company in Benton Harbor, MI is a start-up brewery with a taproom and beer garden that is located less than one mile from Lake Michigan and right in the heart of a Jack Nicklaus Design golf course. On tap, we’ll have a rotating list of 12 hand-crafted beers that will focus on Belgian-inspired and yeast-forward ales.
We are currently looking to fill several full-time and part-time beertending positions starting on May 8th, 2016. These positions will be the face of the company, and as such will be responsible for most aspects of the beer-bar operations. In addition to day-to-day activities, beertenders will have the opportunity to learn about our beers, the production process and craft beer in general.
Responsibilities for this position include:
– Beertending and engaging with guests
– Handling cash and operate the POS system
– Cleaning – behind the bar, tables, floor, restroom, washing glassware
– Bussing and resetting tables as required
– Changing kegs
– Operate the growler filling station (training will be provided)
– Serve at tasting events and festivals
– Beertenders will report to the tap room managers
Candidates for this position must have the following qualities to be considered for the position:
– Have an outgoing personality
– Be at least 21
– Flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends
– Passion for craft beer
– Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
– Follow alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxicated guests
– Bartending or beertending experience desired
– Interest in brewing is optional – could lead to production area opportunities
If you’re interested and would like to complete an application, please email us at email@example.com. Please include your resume with this initial email.